Singapore General Hospital (SGH) is a world-renowned acute tertiary hospital located in Singapore. Established in 1821, SGH has a rich heritage of over 200 years and is consistently ranked among the best hospitals globally. As the largest hospital in Singapore, SGH offers comprehensive patient-centered care across more than 50 clinical specialties. It is a not-for-profit institution and the flagship hospital of the public healthcare system, committed to providing the highest standards of medical treatment and compassionate care. With a strong focus on academic excellence, SGH is a leading teaching hospital, training the next generation of healthcare professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. SGH’s dedication to innovation, patient care, and medical advancements makes it a trusted healthcare destination both locally and internationally.
– Contact information for Singapore General Hospital (SGH): Address – Outram Road, Singapore 169608; General Enquiries – Tel: (65) 6222 3322, Fax: (65) 6224 9221.
SGH Specialities and Services
– SGH offers a comprehensive range of medical specialties and services, with multi-disciplinary and team-based care.
– Clinical specialties include Anaesthesiology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Psychiatry, Radiology, Rheumatology, Urology, and more.
– Specialist Centres/Services provide one-stop services organized around disease conditions, such as the Burns Centre, Diabetes & Metabolism Centre, Orthopaedic Sports and Joint Centre, Transplant Centre, and Travel Clinic.
– Allied Health Departments/Units play a crucial role in patient care, offering services such as Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Speech Therapy, and more.
– Nursing services at SGH cover a wide range of clinical and non-clinical functions, including Specialist Nursing Services and Community Nursing.
– Community Care offices oversee care integration in the community, including Population Health and Integrated Care Office, SGH@Home, and Tiong Bahru Community Health Centre.
– Visiting Hours: 12:00pm to 2:00pm and 5:00pm to 8:30pm. Strictly no visitors outside visiting hours, and children below 12 years old are not permitted to visit.
– Register online prior to visiting a patient to skip the queue and manage the number of visitors.
– Visitors to wards and visitors accompanying patients for appointments, day procedures, or surgery at Level 2 are required to register.
– Visitors are encouraged to do an ART self-test before visiting and refrain from visiting if unwell.
– Wear a mask at all times and practice good personal hygiene while visiting.
– Maximum 2 visitors at a time for general wards, 5 visitors for DIL/ICU/critically ill patients (including caregivers).
– Children below 12 years old are generally not allowed to visit inpatients, except for specific circumstances.
– Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink, use patients’ toilets, or sit on patients’ beds within the wards.
– Required information for ward visitors: visitor’s name, identity card, patient’s name, patient’s ward/room/bed number, and valid local mobile number.
– Inform relatives/friends of your whereabouts or direct them to the Hospital’s Information Counter or General Enquiry line for assistance.
The nearest station to SGH is Outram Park MRT Station. There are three lines connected: Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL), North East Line (NE) and East West Line (EW).