Nova Eye Centre is an eye specialist clinic in Singapore, providing a full suite of eye care solutions to patients. With over 20 years of experience, we utilise evidence-based practice to deliver suitable treatment options. We pride ourselves on encapsulating holistic solutions and our services range from general eye screening to complex surgeries. Rest assured that our eye clinic’s professional team is well-versed to perform any eye treatment you may require.
Our services consist of general eye screening, laser vision correction, cataract surgery and eyelid surgery.. The surgical procedures are performed with the objective of enhancing vision with relieving symptoms, or solving problems caused by eye conditions. Before deciding on a treatment solution, do speak to our eye clinic specialists in Singapore as conditions are unique to each patient. Our eye doctor will assess and evaluate your condition before recommending treatments to you. As regular eye examinations can detect such conditions early, we also advise patients to get their eyes checked at least once a year.
Nova Eye Centre List of Services:
1. General Eye Screening (Adults and Children)
2. Treatment of Childhood Myopia and Diseases
3. Refractive Lens Exchange (For high myopia/hypermetropia)
4. ICL (Implantable Collamer Lens) Surgery (For high myopia)
5. Diabetic Retinopathy Screening and Management (With anti-VEGF medication – Lucentis or Eylea)
6. Macular Degeneration Screening and Management (With Intravitreal Treatment and Anti-VEGF medication – Lucentis or Eylea)
7. Laser Vision Correction (SMILE, LASEK, Trans PRK, LASIK with or without XTRA)
8. ReLEx Smile
9. Cataract Surgery with Trifocal Implants (For the correction of presbyopia or ‘lao hua’)
10. Cataract Surgery with Toric Implants (For the correction of astigmatism or ‘San Guang’)
11. Cataract Surgery with Monofocal Implants
12. Pterygium Surgery (With conjunctival autograft and fibrin glue)
13. Glaucoma Screening and Management
14. Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking (For keratoconus and ectasia)
15. Eyelid Surgery for Skin Crease Reformation/Double Eyelid Surgery (‘Double’ eyelid surgery)
16. Eyelid Surgery (Ptosis, droopy eyelid, dermatochalasis-eye bags, and other malpositions – ectropion, entropion, epiblepharon)
17. Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) Surgery (For watery eyes due to blocked tear ducts)
18. Botox Injections (For facial rejuvenation and treatment of crow’s feet, horizontal furrows, and frown lines)
19. Dry Eye and Blepharitis Management
Our Eye Doctor at Nova Eye Centre:
Dr. Eugene Tay
MSc, MBBS (London), FRCSEd, FRCOphth, FRANZCO
Dr. Eugene Tay is a senior consultant ophthalmologist with over 20 years of clinical experience. He graduated from St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College of the University of London in 1997 and is one of few surgeons to have received all basic, advanced and sub-specialty/fellowship training at the internationally renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. He trained to sub-specialist fellowship levels in laser refractive and anterior segment surgery at the Gimbel Eye Centre in Canada and also Oculoplastic surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital. If you’re looking for an experienced and trustworthy eye specialist in Singapore, Dr Tay can support you through your eye care needs.
Senior Consultant Eye Surgeon
Before becoming an eye specialist in Singapore, Dr. Eugene Tay was formerly the Medical Director of LSC Eye Clinic in Paragon (formerly Lasik Surgery Clinic) where he introduced SMILE surgery to the practice in 2013 and has performed thousands of laser refractive and cataract procedures. Prior to this, he was a Consultant Ophthalmologist with the Refractive Surgery Service and Laser Vision Centre at the Singapore National Eye Centre. Currently, Dr Tay holds specialist recognition in Singapore, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
Now, as an eye specialist in Singapore, he is active in clinical research on SMILE surgery and is also an Adjunct Clinician Scientist at the Singapore Eye Research Institute, having published over 25 peer reviewed scientific papers in prestigious international scientific journals such as Ophthalmology, the Journal of Refractive Surgery, the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the American Journal of Ophthalmology.
Comprehensive Ophthalmologist Specializing In Complex Cataract Surgery
As a qualified eye doctor in Singapore, he is highly experienced in all forms of laser vision correction, complex cataract surgery with tri-focal implants for the treatment of presbyopia or ‘lao hua’, pterygium surgery, eyelid malposition surgery, double eyelid and eye-bag surgery and the management of general eye conditions such as myopia prevention in children, age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, dry eyes and contact lens related problems.
Phone: +65 6970 4960
81 Marine Parade Central,
#01-642 Singapore 440081
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays – 9am to 5pm
Wednesdays – 1pm to 5pm
Saturdays – 9am to 4pm
Sundays / Public Holidays – Closed
By Bus: 15, 36, 36B, 48, 135, 134, 43
By MRT: 1-minute walk from Marine Parade MRT
Bus 135, 134 or 43 from Paya Lebar MRT (Exit B)
Some reviews on Nova Eye Centre
1. “Thanks so much to Dr Eugene, Karen, Eunice and team for making this Relex Smile procedure so hassle-free, painless and swift. I was out of op in no more than 15 minutes with immediate vision without glasses!” – Melvin Fam
2. “Absolutely painless from start to end (procedure 7 mins max for both eyes). Could see perfect vision within 2 days, and was glad to be able to go back to work by then. Post procedure care was super easy too. Thank you Dr Tay and Eunice for making my SMILE experience an amazing one!!!” – William Soh
3. “I came recommended by a family friend. The staff are friendly and I felt comfortable and assured during the day of the ops. Everything was communicated to me properly and I had great confidence in Dr Eugene. The ops was done so quickly and I regained about 70-80% of my vision immediately after the ops. Within 3 days, my vision was 100%. As I have 3 young kids, being able to see without glasses is so good! The after service provided by the clinic was excellent. I really appreciate Dr Eugene Tay and staff for their help!” – Angela Ang