At Live Well Chiropractic we aim provide the members of our community with high quality, affordable health care in a comfortable and caring environment.
Our goal is to not only alleviate pain, but more importantly, inspire and educate our patients to become active participants in their own well being.
What is a Chiropractor?
A Chiropractor is a health care professional focused on the diagnosis & treatment of neuromuscular disorders through manual adjustment or manipulation of the spine.
What is a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustments are techniques chiropractors use to improve function, increase range of motion and release pressure on nerves. It is carried out by the chiropractor applying a short, quick force to the area of interest.
Why are Chiropractic Adjustments Important?
Chiropractic adjustments focus on the aging spine and its various abnormalities. Chiropractors utilise gentle adjustments, physical therapy, stretching and exercise regimens to reduce spinal pain and improve flexibility and mobility. These adjustments minimize degeneration and spinal stress which allows our body to function optimally and prevent long-term problems.
What Problems can Chiropractic Adjustments Help with?
Each person who seeks chiropractic adjustment has a unique reason for their appointment, but all chiropractic adjustments treat your musculoskeletal system. Some people choose to have a chiropractic adjustment if they have the following conditions:
– Joint pain and dysfunction
– Lower back pain
– Neck pain
– Stiff muscles or muscle aches
– Slipped disc/disc herniation
– Knee pain
– Shoulder pain
– Pregnancy related concerns (postnatal and prenatal)
Chiropractors make sure not only that your joints are moving properly, but also that your surrounding muscles are functioning as well.
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments?
Chiropractic adjustments are a natural method which allows the restoration of natural function enabling our body to heal naturally. There is no need for medications as well as invasive surgeries. Many studies as well as patient proofing ( link to testimonial part) indicate that it is an effective way to relieve pain/muscle spasms, increase range of motion and prevent musculoskeletal health conditions.
What Happens During a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractors use different methods to perform chiropractic adjustments. Most common methods include manual hand spinal adjustments, activators, joint mobilisations as well as soft tissue stretching and releases. These techniques all have one goal in mind, which is to remove joint dysfunction.
During an adjustment, we often hear a pop or crack sound. This comes from the synovial fluid which lubricates and protects the joints. Over time, gases can build up in joints and adjustments help to release these gases to ensure proper function.
Our Chiropractors at Live Well Chiropractic Sengkang:
1. Dr. Kenney Truong:
– Background: Dr. Kenney is a passionate and motivated practitioner who experienced the benefits of chiropractic firsthand after recovering from a slipped disc. He strives to help others achieve optimal health.
– Education: Licensed and Registered Chiropractor of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA), Masters Degree of Chiropractic (Macquarie University), Bachelors of Medical Science (University of Technology Sydney), Graduate Diploma of Chiropractic (University of Technology Sydney).
– Certifications: Certified Radiographer in NSW, Australia, HILLS Decompression Certified, Chiropractic Biophysics/Scoliosis Certified, Kinesio/Rigid Taping Certified.
– Languages: Fluent in Cantonese and English.
2. Dr. Jessie Lim:
– Background: Dr. Jessie was inspired to pursue chiropractic after witnessing her father’s positive experience with chiropractic treatment. She aims to help patients regain functional control and lead healthier lives.
– Education: Bachelor of Chiropractic (Murdoch University), Bachelor of Science in Chiropractic (Murdoch University).
– Certifications: Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, proficient in various techniques including diversified technique, extremity adjusting, flexion distraction technique, drop piece, trigger point therapy, active release technique. Trained in dry needling, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilisation-IASTM, and kinesiology taping.
3. Dr. Chaw Siew Wei:
– Background: Dr. Siew Wei specializes in identifying and correcting misalignments of the spinal vertebrae. She is particularly passionate about providing prenatal and postpartum chiropractic care to pregnant moms and treating children.
– Education: Bachelor of (Hons) Chiropractic (International Medical University).
– Certifications: Registered Chiropractor in Hong Kong and Malaysia, Webster Certified by International Chiropractic Paediatric Association (ICPA), HILLS Decompression Certified, Chiropractic Biophysics/Scoliosis Certified.
– Languages: Fluent in English, Mandarin (Chinese), Cantonese, and Malay.
Phone: 6284 4878 | 9817 2361
Address: Rivervale Mall, 11 Rivervale Crescent #01-29/30, Singapore 545082
Live Well Chiropractic in Sengkang is located by the entrance of Rivervale Mall.
How to Get There:
Take the North-East line. Alight at Sengkang Station (NE16). From Sengkang LRT station, take the East loop to Rumbia Station (SE2).
50, 86, 119, 136, 371
Some reviews on Live Well Chiropractic (Sengkang):
1. “I went there with my years long neck and back pain. Dr Jessie explained me well about the cause of pain. Since the first session, I felt the improvement. The procedure is sometimes painful but bearable. After 4 months, the back pain is completely gone, and I feel very energetic now. Thank you for helping me and taking care of me.” – Muddassir Iqbal
2. “I’ve been going to see Dr Kenney for the past 2 years due to neck and shoulder pain. Thanks to his skill and friendliness, they’ve subsided after several sessions. Now I look forward to every session, especially whenever he adjusts my cervical and thoracic spines. The staff is helpful and responsive to my requests and queries. Happy to be able to turn my head freely =)” – Aris Chia
3. “I’ve been seeing Dr Jessie for adjustments to relieve my chronic headaches and lower back pain. She is professional, and her sessions are thorough and effective. She is patient and takes time to explain how I can improve my condition. In addition, the staff at the counter are always friendly and approachable. I like how appointments can be made conveniently via WhatsApp. Thank you.” – CM Ong