Kali Majapahit River Valley
Since 1998, under the leadership of founders Guro Fred and Lila Evrard, the professional team of instructors conduct classes in stick fighting, empty hands self-defense, kickboxing and knife defense.
The philosophy behind Kali Majapahit is that Martial Arts training is not only about physical skills, focus and self-confidence, but also about reaching challenging goals, and building up our health and energy level. A comprehensive rotating curriculum makes our very efficient and unique Martial Art system accessible to anyone.
Kali Majapahit martial arts is the leading academy for those looking for efficient martial arts as well as a way to shape the body and sharpen the mind.
Adult Martial Arts & Self-Defense Classes at Kali Majapahit Martial Arts Academy:
If you are ever in a situation where you need to defend yourself and your loved ones, you should be empowered with the knowledge, confidence and experience to do so. Our beginners classes will take you step by step from the most basic self-defense techniques to becoming an efficient martial artist.
The training curriculum that was developed based on teaching thousands of students, is optimised to bring results to everyone. This curriculum covers many aspects of Kali Majapahit: Single/double sticks, empty hands self-defense as well as Filipino and Thai boxing/kickboxing.
Our Beginners Classes include:
– Single/Double Sticks
– Empty Hands Self-Defense
– Boxing / Kickboxing
– Health & Personal Growth Knowledge
Law Enforcement & Tactical Training
The Kali Majapahit law enforcement system is a concept-based close-quarters combat/battle
(CQC/CQB) method that has been integrated by multiple law enforcement and military professionals around the world. Developed by our experienced trainers, it is widely regarded as being practical and adapted to law enforcement rules of engagement dealing with a violent attack.
Based on our expertise in empty hands, baton and edged-weapons defence and with a history of over 20 years of teaching martial arts and CQC, we understand that learning traditional martial arts with complex motor skills is not relevant.
This approach dramatically reduces the amount of material to be learnt by the trainees, speeds up the effectiveness of knowledge and skills transfer, and helps to give a better chance of the trainees being able to use the skills in a real life situation. Therefore, we provide customised, concept based, easy to learn, multi-systems training and scenarios that enable attendees to be hard-wired with solutions to various violent encounters.
In addition, our courses are delivered to provide a reality-based experience that can simulate physical, mental and emotional scenarios within a safe environment.
Law enforcement units we have trained over the years include:
– Singapore (Singapore Police Force – Security Command, Singapore Customs, Immigrations & Customs Authority, Singapore Prisons Services)
– Philippines (Philippines National Police, Special Reaction Unit, SWAT)
– Hong Kong (HK Police VIP Protection Unit – VIPPU)
-France (Groupe d’Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale – GIGN, Groupe de sécurité de la présidence de la République)
– Indonesia (Kepolisian Negara Republik Indonesia)
-United States of America (Local/Federal Police Units)
– Corporate/Private Security: Mediacorp Singapore, Johnson & Johnson, DELL Computers, J.P. Morgan Bank, The American Association of Singapore, Subway Restaurants Asia, Raffles Hotel, La Reserve Geneva Hotel…
Kids Martial Arts & Self-Defense Classes at Kali Majapahit Martial Arts Academy:
1. Lil’Ninjas (3-5 Years Old):
– Balancing, running, jumping, climbing, and a first discovery of martial arts with boxing and sticks. The class focuses on developing focus, discipline, and confidence in a playful environment.
– Structured in 4 cycles: Focused Tiger, Patient Panda, Confident Monkey, and Respectful Turtle.
2. KM Kids (6-12 Years Old):
– A martial arts program built on traditional Southeast Asian martial arts, teaching students the skills and knowledge to face future challenges. The program includes training with long staff, sticks, traditional empty hands, and kicking systems.
– Designed to optimize learning and have a lasting impact beyond the dojo. Emphasizes building responsible and confident kids, promoting teamwork, and instilling respect. Character education program focuses on 12 distinct traits.
3. KM Parties (From 3 Years Old):
– Special themed parties such as Jedi Knight, Ninja Warrior, or Superheroes Academy. Activities include martial arts, parkour, and character education.
– Choose from either 60 or 90 minutes of activity, followed by 30 minutes for cake and presents free time.
– Parties are available at River Valley, Katong, and Sentosa Cove.
Some reviews on Kali Majapahit Martial Arts:
1. “Kali Majapahit is an outstanding Martial Art school. Highly recommended for anyone looking to learn and improve on the Arts, ranging from beginners to very advanced levels. The philosophy is amazing, the camaraderie second to none, and the overall spirit wonderfully uplifting and encouraging.” – Laurent Rossier
2. “Very good classes! My son enjoys them a lot! Discipline and good teaching!” – Celine Silie
3. “Great instructors! Learned empty hand and weapon techniques at the same time.” – David Y
4. “Really enjoying this experience; gaining new skills in self-defense. Our whole family has joined! Great for kids and people at all levels from beginner to advanced. Great Instructors, very knowledgeable, helpful, and patient!” – Carmen Spangler