Impact MMA has a long-standing history of bringing affordable martial arts training to the masses without compromising on quality since 2010. Led by local fighters and athletes who have consistently produced outstanding results in local, regional and international combat sport circuits at the amateur and professional level, Impact MMA is a no frills, no gimmicks combat sports gym with top-notch instruction by highly experienced coaches.
Our training and coaching philosophies are holistic in approach. Hence, we offer high level training programs in all key aspects of MMA. Besides technical training, the physical conditioning aspect in our classes is highly functional, often utilizing various technical skills to strengthen both your mind and body.
We believe that everybody has the potential to be a confident, resilient, and physically fit individual and martial artist. Regardless of your age and athletic background, you can count on us to bring the best out of you.
Group Classes available at Impact Mixed Martial Arts:
1. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/No-Gi: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu utilizes grappling techniques such as takedowns, submission holds, and chokes to control opponents on the ground. Impact MMA offers traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes as well as No-Gi Grappling, which is commonly applied in MMA.
2. Mixed Martial Arts: MMA is a comprehensive martial art that combines effective elements from various disciplines, including stand-up striking and ground fighting. The MMA program at Impact MMA caters to both leisure and competitive learners, providing a training atmosphere with patient guidance from instructors.
3. Wrestling: Wrestling is a physically demanding combat sport that involves taking opponents down from a standing position and earning victories through points or pins. Impact MMA emphasizes the technical element of wrestling as a foundational building block in other disciplines such as BJJ, No-Gi Grappling, and MMA.
4. Boxing: Boxing is a classic combat style that forms an important basis in disciplines with fist-fighting components, such as MMA. Impact MMA offers boxing classes for individuals of all fitness levels, with top-notch coaching by highly qualified instructors.
5. Muay Thai: Muay Thai is a stand-up striking combat sport that utilizes fists, elbows, shins, knees, and close-range clinching techniques. Impact MMA provides Muay Thai classes for individuals at all fitness and interest levels, whether it’s for recreation or competition.
Private Training: Impact MMA offers private 1-on-1 and small group training sessions that can be customized to individual training goals. These sessions can focus on technical aspects, physical conditioning, or a combination of both, with the undivided attention of the chosen coach.
The training options cater to individuals with different levels of experience and goals, providing a comprehensive approach to martial arts training at Impact Mixed Martial Arts.
Team at Impact Mixed Martial Arts:
1. Bruce Loh Kain Kai – MMA Head Coach
2. Jonathan Tan – Muay Thai Coach
3. Melvin Keh – Manager
4. Alexsandro “Leke” Machado – BJJ Head Coach
5. Mujahid Muhammad – Muay Thai Coach
6. Jude Kang – BJJ Coach
7. Abraham Ang – Muay Thai Coach
Some reviews on Impact MMA:
1. “Highly recommend this gym to anyone out there looking to train Brazilian jiu-jitsu or Muay Thai or just looking to boost their fitness! My best takeaway from this gym is the patient and resilient coaches in imparting martial arts to students, regardless of whether they’re new or old. They are very dedicated in teaching and will go beyond to perfect our craft. Environment-wise, really homely vibes and humble people! Super cool experience too. Honestly, no regrets at all training here!” – Azizi Syafiq
2. “Great gym with knowledgeable instructors and friendly members! Definitely recommend honing your MMA skills :D” – Eugene Hu
3. “Just attended a Muay Thai class last week. Love how this gym is so different from the others who only focus on cardio. I learned so many new techniques and even got to spar on a friendly level even though I am new. I had a lot of fun, and thankfully, Coach Bruce was very patient in correcting some of my techniques. The vending also has an extensive selection of drinks for me to choose from! A clean toilet for showering and hair drying after class. Shiok. Would highly recommend this gym if you’re looking to try out MMA. Will try BJJ next!” – Joy Lee