Changi General Hospital (CGH) is an academic medical institution in Singapore, dedicated to delivering trusted care since 1935. With over 1,000 beds, CGH serves as a tertiary referral center, providing comprehensive healthcare services to more than 1 million people in Singapore. As a member of the SingHealth cluster of healthcare institutions, CGH is committed to medical research, education, and clinical innovation. The hospital campus, which includes the Integrated Building and the Medical Centre, focuses on holistic, patient-centered care and extends its services beyond hospital boundaries to promote community health. CGH is consistently recognized as one of the world’s best hospitals and specializes in various medical disciplines. With a vision to advance health and healthcare, CGH strives to be a center of excellence, actively engaging in research and education programs. The hospital also offers career opportunities and welcomes community involvement and donations to support its mission of providing high-quality healthcare to the community.
CGH offers a comprehensive range of medical specialties and services.
– Clinicians, nurses, and allied health professionals practice multi-disciplinary and team-based care.
– Collaboration with national specialty centers to offer specialty services on CGH campus.
– Click on specialties and services listed below to find out more.
– Clinical Specialties: Anaesthesiology, Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Colorectal Surgery, Dental Care, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Geriatric Medicine, etc.
– Specialist Centres/Services: Breast Centre, Cardiac Clinic, CGH Wound Healing Centre, Changi Aviation Medicine Centre, etc.
– The SingHealth Duke-NUS Disease Centres (SDDCs) offer integrated and multidisciplinary care at multiple sites across SingHealth institutions.
– Allied Health Departments/Units: Acupuncture Services, Clinical Psychology, Dietetic & Food Services, Health Management Unit, etc.
– Nursing: Nurses perform a wide range of clinical and non-clinical functions, including specialty nursing and community nursing.
– Visiting Hours: Monday to Sunday (including PHs): 12:00pm to 2:00pm, 5:00pm to 8:30pm.
– Guidelines for visitors: 2 visitors allowed at the patients’ bedside during visiting hours. Critically-ill patients can have 2 visitors at any time. 1 registered visitor allowed for patients at the Emergency Department and outpatient centers/clinics.
– Hygiene and safety measures: Register at the registration counter. Wash hands with soap or use hand sanitizer. Wear a mask with good filtration capability. Minimize interaction with others. No food/drinks in the ward. Avoid using patient toilets and sitting on patient beds. No delivery of food/drinks allowed. Visitors can only bring essential items. No contraband items (e.g., cigarettes).
– Restrictions: Children under 12 not allowed to visit inpatients, except for certain groups of patients. Visitors may be asked to leave if treatment is required. Keep noise levels down. Switch mobile phones to silent mode and avoid using them near medical equipment. No smoking or alcohol on hospital premises.
How to Get to Changi General Hospital
– Location: Changi General Hospital is located at 2 Simei Street 3, Singapore 529889.
– By MRT: Nearest MRT station is Simei. It’s a 400m (5-10 minutes) walk from the station to the hospital.
– Free Shuttle Service: Provided from Simei MRT to CGH’s Main Building and The Integrated Building.
From the City (By Car)
East Coast Parkway (ECP City) : Turn off expressway at Exit 2B (Tampines) to Xilin Avenue. Travel straight on and turn right into Simei Street 3. CGH is at the corner of Simei Avenue and Simei Street 3.
Pan Island Expressway (PIE Changi) : Turn off expressway at Exit 4A (Simei) to Simei Avenue, and we are on the left.
From the Airport (By Car)
East Coast Parkway (ECP Changi) : Turn off expressway at Exit 1 onto PIE. Travel on the PIE then turn off at Exit 3A into Simei Road. Travel straight on and turn right into Simei Street 3. CGH is on the right, at the end of Simei Street 3.
From Pasir Ris, Sengkang (By Car)
Tampines Expressway (TPE): Keep left towards Upper Changi Road East, turn right to Simei Avenue, CGH is on the right.